Monday, February 17, 2014

Ice Cream for Dinner

Let me be absolutely clear that I'm not saying it is okay for you to feed your child a diet of ice cream.  I'm simply saying that sometimes it's okay to break the rules...on rare occasions.  Let me explain.  Recently my wife had my 6 year old and I had to pick up my 3 year old from daycare after work.  It had been awhile since I had an opportunity to have an outing with just my 3 year old and I.  Although it was a bit too close to dinner for an ice cream snack, I decided, what the heck, who cares, it's a rare occasion.  So at 5-5:30 PM, I took her out for ice cream.  Granted, she didn't each much of a dinner later, but breaking the rules once in awhile is okay.  Your kids will thank you!  My 3 year old loved going out of ice cream and the smile on her face made the lack of eating much of a dinner well worth it!  Just be sure to not make ice cream dinners a habit.  Once every couple of months?  Sure.  Once a week?  Eh...probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment