Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Clue Board Game

The other day my wife and I were talking about board games when the topic of the conversation turned to Clue.  I played Clue many, many times as a kid with my parents, but neither of us thought we owned it.  Looking in the closet, there it was, with the other board games.  Upon opening it, it had been played before, but neither of us have any recollection playing this with our kids or playing it at all!  I'm not even sure where it came from!!!

Classic Clue board game.

A few days later we introduced our kids to Clue.  After a refresher on the game rules and explaining the goal of the game, we set out to play.  Clue has quite a bit of strategy behind it and I look forward to future games with my kids.  If you just wait until you see all of the person, weapon, and room cards, before making an accusation, you are likely to lose.  You have to pay careful attention to which suggestions are made and by whom.  Often times you can cross off a suspect (person, weapon, or room) without seeing the actual card.  This allows you to make an official accusation a few turns earlier, increasing your chances of winning.

My oldest daughter came close to making an accusation.  I could tell she was only a turn or two away from knowing who did it, with what weapon, and in which room.  Unfortunately for her, I was ready before her and made the correct accusation.  I look forward to more games of Clue with my kids as it is a great game that is easy for kids to learn, but also includes quite a bit of strategy and critical thinking.  If you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of games that involve strategy and critical thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment