Monday, August 13, 2018

Facebook Book Challenge Day #2

For day two of the Facebook Book Challenge I posted the cover to Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.


Eye of the World is the first book in the fantastic Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I started reading this series in college and was deeply saddened when Jordan passed away in 2007 before the completion of the series. Fortunately he worked with Brandon Sanderson and Sanderson wrote the last three books of the series using Jordan's notes. In total, the series is 14 books. Some say the series is far too slow moving during the middle books. I agree to some degree, but Jordan (and later Sanderson) was a brilliant writer in the fantasy genre.

Prior to reading Eye of the World, I hadn't read much in the fantasy genre. Sure, I had read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series, but I wasn't big into fantasy. This book changed that and opened my eyes to a whole new world! A majority of the books on my bookshelf are fantasy and science fiction and I find these books a great escape from the real world and it's problems. We all need an escape at times to remain sane and fantasy books are my escape.

Obviously I encourage you to read Eye of the World and the whole Wheel of Time series. It does slow down some in the middle books, but it starts with a bang and OMG the final books are simply amazing! I've read Eye of the World three times and at some point in the future I will re-read this series. Robert Jordan and this series will always hold a special place in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment