Wednesday, February 27, 2019

All-Time #1 Post

History of The Cool Science Dad Blog

I started this blog nearly seven years ago in May 2012 as a way to share the different science demos and experiments I was doing with my much-younger-than-they-are-now kids. At the time my kids were 5 and 1! They are now 11 and 8 and keep growing older! The blog started with many posts on different science experiments/demos. Although we still do science demos/experiments, I have fewer posts on these and more posts on other aspects of science as it fills our lives. In other words, the blog has evolved in seven years, as expected.

The #1 Post of All-Time

I love numbers and stats, so from time to time I take a look at the top viewed posts since the start of this blog seven years ago. To date, there are over 356,000 total page views spread among over 1,800 posts. The #1 viewed post as of this writing? That would be one of the first posts I wrote on the egg-drop experiment, a very common high school physics activity that I've done with students many times. I no longer teach physics in my current role at my school, so I kind of miss this, but I still get to do the egg-drop experiment with the occasional outreach program for elementary kids I host.

How many views? This egg-drop experiment post currently has just over 25,000 views, or approximately 7% of all blog views! Wow! I'm guessing there are a lot of students out there doing the egg-drop experiment in their physics classes, and therefore a lot of students searching the web for egg-drop experiment ideas. So without further adieu, here's the link to the most viewed post on this blog.

The Egg-Drop Experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment