Tuesday, October 1, 2019

A Breath of Snow and Ashes - Book Review

My latest book read was A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. This is the 6th book in the Outlander series I started reading in 2017 after seeing it in stores while we were in Scotland on vacation.

I've done it six times now (6 books read thus far), but each time I finish an Outlander book, I feel as if I've finished a marathon! The books are 900-1000 page behemoths and they slow down my books per year reading rate. LOL! It took me 3 full weeks to finish this book, much longer than my typical pace. But the book was a good one.

In Outlander #6, Jaime and Claire are living their lives prior to the start of the revolutionary war. Knowing what is to come, the two carefully work through their relationships will fellow Scots living in the soon to be United States who are choosing to side with the British in the upcoming war. Then their granddaughter is born with a heart condition that will kill her within a few years. Yet to fix the heart, surgery is required, something not possible in the late 1700s. The only option is for the parents, Roger and Brianna, to travel through the stones to the 1960s. A long, but good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment