Monday, July 27, 2020

Possibly Getting a Dog

After holding off for many years, we are thinking about adding a member to the family. No, not another human. We already have two little humans (okay, not so little anymore) in the house. We are seriously considering adding a dog to our family. We already have a cat, so we are looking for a dog that is both friendly and energetic with kids, as well as a dog that gets along reasonably well with our cat, Newton.

We've been debating what to name our dog when we get it. Many years ago, before our kids were born, my wife promised me I could name our first dog Treebeard. LOL! I still remember that, but am having a hard time convincing our 10 year old that Treebeard is a good name. LOL! My second thought is naming the dog Isaac. Why Isaac? Because our cat's name is Newton. Then when we need to call the pets, we can yell out "Isaac, Newton, Isaac, Newton!" LOL!

Yes, I'm having way too much fun with coming up with dog names. :-) I'll let you all know when we have the dog and have named it. Something tells me I'm not going to win on Treebeard. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment