Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Eruption: Supervolcano #1 Book Review

I've previously read the World War historical fiction series by Harry Turtledove and recently picked up the Supervolcano trilogy. Finally had a chance to read the first book and thought it was a decent read. The supervolcano in question is the Yellowstone supervolcano that has gone off in the past (last eruption was several hundred thousand years ago) and has a chance of going off again sometime in the future. What does sometime in the future mean? Could be next year, could be a 1000 years, could be 100,000 years. We don't know. But when it goes off, it will cause mass damage across the United States

Eruption follows the story of a divorced family with adult children living across the country. Each of their lives is affected differently based on where they were when the volcano went off. It's not the greatest book in the world and does get a bit dry at times, but I found myself remaining engaged and didn't tire from reading it. Will I read the last two books in the series? Yep. When I start a series, I finish a series. It takes a very, very, very, bad book series for me to stop reading part way through. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment