Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun Times with Legos

A great activity to participate in with your kids is Lego construction.  Every child should have a set of Legos, and every parent should spend time with their kids playing with Legos.  I admit that I need to do more of this.  At times I see Legos as something they can do on their own while Mommy and Daddy work on cooking dinner or cleaning.  This past weekend my 2 year old reminded me that Legos are for Mommies and Daddies too.  She looked at me and said "Daddy, build tower!"  "Daddy, build tower!"  And then even louder, "Daddy, build tower!!!"

Apparently I didn't have much of a choice, so I sat down with both daughters and we built a couple of towers together.  This was a good exercise in teaching them how to build a tower that's solid and not prone to collapse.  Below is the tower my 2 year old built, complete with a couple of dolls hanging out inside.

Our cool tower!

Sometimes as parents we tend to forget the little things in life, like playing Legos with our kids.  I'm glad my 2 year old gave me a reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment