Thursday, October 18, 2018

Films Astronomy Students Should Watch

I've watched a lot of space based, astronomy themed movies in my lifetime, but there are a whole bunch I have not seen. While looking for new astronomy themed movies in 2018, I came across this article.

Top 5 Films Every Astronomy Student Should Watch

I was intrigued. I was an astronomy student once and the way I look at it, once an astronomy student, always an astronomy student because I'm always learning new things. The article lists 5 movies every astronomy student should watch. These movies are:

1. Interstellar
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Gravity
4. The Martian
5. Apollo 13

Given how many movies I have not seen, I was surprised there's a list out there in which I've watched all of the movies! I agree with the last four. I enjoyed all four and I think they are all movies an astronomy enthusiast should watch. The first, Interstellar? Meh. I didn't like the movie and in my opinion it is one that can be skipped. But to each his/her own. Some really liked Interstellar, but not me. I'd replace Interstellar with Contact. Contact is an excellent movie! The book, by Carl Sagan, is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment