Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Eight Year Anniversary

Believe it or not, this past weekend marked the eight-year anniversary of this blog! Wow! I started writing this blog on May 30, 2012, as a way of sharing the different science-related activities and events I was doing with my kids. Today's post is #2150! Double wow! I started writing posts mainly focused on science demos and experiments I was doing with my kids (5 and 2 the first year). Over the years I've transitioned to more posts on books I've read or my kids have read, the science-related experiences we've had on vacations, and current events in astronomy.

My kids are more heavily involved in sports and other after school activities, so there is less time for science demos, but there is still plenty of science in this house! It's been an amazing time writing this blog while watching my daughters grow into the wonderful young adults they now are. The past couple of months with stay-at-home orders in place have offered an opportunity to hang out, relax, go on walks, bike rides, play board games, and take a step back from the very busy day to day schedules we had before. This is not an ideal situation, but there are some positives for us in it. Oh, and we started watching Farscape. More on that in a future post!

I'm not sure how long I will continue to write this blog. I did not expect it to last eight years when I first started, but I've enjoyed it and kept up with it. Will it go another eight years? I don't know, but right now I have no plans to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment