Friday, June 8, 2012

Geocaching

Geocaching is an excellent activity to help expose your children to the outdoors.  Geocaching is sort of like Easter egg hunting for adults but is very kid friendly.  I took my daughter and my nephew out the other day.  We spent 3 to 4 hours driving around and searching for caches.  My daughter has geocached with me before and loves it.  She's right at that age where she's beginning to understand what geocaching is and is learning some of the tricks to help her find caches.  Both my daughter and nephew were so excited once we got started that I had to set up a rotation on who was allowed to find the cache first and who was allowed to put the cache back in its hiding spot!

If you're not really sure what geocaching is and want more information go to www.geocaching.com.  It's fun and it's free (although you need a GPS unit and gas for your car).

No comments:

Post a Comment