Friday, August 2, 2013

Garter Snakes

The other day both of my daughters embraced nature once again.  We were in Nebraska near a lake getting our life jackets on.  I was about to take them on a jet ski ride through the bay.  While getting on their life jackets, they both, at nearly the same time, noticed a snake slithering through the grass.  Instead of running away shrieking in fear, both of them do the exact opposite and take a couple of steps toward it to get a closer look.  It was a common garter snake, so no worries.

I have to admit that given its length, even I was a bit leery of it initially.  Not my daughters though.  They were both excited and shouting to my wife and I asking if we saw it.  Yes, we saw it, at a greater distance than you, I thought to myself.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment