Monday, March 23, 2015

Growing Dinosaurs Revisited

A couple of weeks ago I discussed a set of Growing and Shrinking Dinosaurs my daughter received as a gift.  Place the dinosaurs in water for a day and they grow up to 400% their original size.  Let them dry out and they shrink back to their starting size.  In the previous post I commented on the disappointment I always had with these as a kid.  Reality never matched my expectations.  The same was true for these dinosaurs.  They simply didn't grow as big as perceived in my mind (or my daughters' mind).  I'm happy to report, however, that the size they grow to increased after a couple of times getting wet and drying out.


They now grow to about twice the size they originally grew to.  My daughters thought this was very cool.  Also, the dinosaurs get brittle when wet, thus the decapitation of two of them.  LOL!

This makes me wonder if I gave up on these things too soon as a kid.  If only I had tried them a few more times, they would have grown larger.  Hmmm.  Patience is a virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment