Thursday, May 4, 2017

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007)

My kids and I are on a quest to watch all of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies.  We started with the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie that came out in 1990 and then watched the sequel and the sequel to the sequel.  They each slipped in quality from the previous movie.  The first two are decent movies in my opinion, but the third movie is definitely a step down.  The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from 2007 is a bit different.  It's not part of the original sequence and its not live action.  It's a computer animated action film.


I thought it was a decent movie in the TMNT franchise.  I'd rank it third best out of the first four movies in the franchise.  TMNT III is still the worst, a significant step below this computer animated film.  I'm a big comic book geek so I typically enjoy comic book themed movies.  My kids enjoyed it too and we are now set to watch the first of the re-booted TMNT movies, released in 2014.  Can't wait!

Side note:  My favorite TMNT scene in any of the movies is the Vanilla Ice cameo in the second movie.  Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment