Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Misconceptions That Kill #12: Homeopathy

It's been awhile since I've had a post in this Misconceptions That Kill series, so it's time to talk about a big one:  Homeopathy.  I've written on this blog several times in the past about homeopathy and the harm it causes.  To put it simply, homeopathy is the supposed treatment of diseases by using minute doses of natural substances.  To put it even more simply, it is a bunch of quackery that has no basis in science.  There are ZERO peer reviewed studies showing any benefit of homeopathy.  In fact, the opposite is true because people use homeopathic substances instead of real medicine when they are sick!!!  People literally die because they avoid real medications that could help them!!!

The sad thing about homeopathy is pharmacies stock homeopathic substances in the same aisles right next to real medications so sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the two without doing a very careful reading of the label.  This has happened to me before when I went to pick up a fever reducer and grabbed a homeopathic remedy that was nothing more than honey water.  Pissed me off when I got home!!!

Here are a few links to other posts I've written on the topic of homeopathy. 

Homeopathy Has No Basis in Science

Okay....I guess I've only written about homeopathy once before today.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment