Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Hamilton Tickets

We finally bit the bullet and purchased tickets to see Hamilton in Chicago in a couple of months. My 11 year old has really been pushing us to go see Hamilton for quite some time now. She's even offered to give up Christmas presents, birthday presents, and her birthday party for the year. And she is genuine when saying that. I really think she'd be okay if we didn't get her any presents. We'll still get her a few presents, but it has really proved to my wife and me how serious she wants to see this show. She's been listening to the soundtrack non-stop for months.


Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to see the show and we are going to make a weekend of it in Chicago and also hit up a museum or two, but damn these tickets were expensive! Sheesh! And since we can't drive several hours, pull the kids out of school, etc., to catch a mid-week night show, we are paying a premium for a weekend show. I'm told by everyone who sees it that the price is well worth it and it's an amazing show and an amazing theater in Chicago. But still...expensive! The good news is we found high quality hotel right next to the theater for $84/night. Can't beat that! Although it is $60/day to park our car at the hotel. LOL! Oh well...it should be a great time. I'll post how it went here as well as our trip to a museum. Right now we are planning to visit the Science and Industry Museum, one I have never been to.



No comments:

Post a Comment