Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Accessory to War: The Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and the Military by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Admittedly, I have not yet read this book, but it is now on my "definitely must read and must read as soon as possible" list. You can't go wrong with any book by Neil deGrasse Tyson, but the title of this book is very intriguing. Is astrophysics an accessory to war? Absolutely! A great example is the atom bomb. Without astronomy and physics, there is no atom bomb. There are no nuclear weapons in the world. Aside from this though, I know very little about the role astrophysics has played in U.S. (and around the world) military operations. And now I want to know more! Damn you Neil! Just when I start to make a dent in my reading list (okay, not really) you come out with a book I can't possibly not read! :-)

Accessory to War: The Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and the Military 

No comments:

Post a Comment