Wednesday, February 12, 2020

It's a Good Life - Book Review

I'm off to a good start on my journey to read 45 books this year. Among those will be a couple of short science fiction stories, but the shorter books I read are offset by the mammoth 1,000 page tombs, such as Outlander, that take me weeks to read. :-) The most recent book I read was a short science fiction story titled "It's a Good Life" by Jerome Bixby.

It's a Good Life tells the story of a young child who has be ability to change the world by thinking. Whatever he thinks becomes reality and the world is suddenly different. Unfortunately the young child can think people he doesn't like out of existence! Yikes! Thus the family and people of the town do everything they can to be in the child's good graces at all times. And when they aren't, disaster happens.

An interesting short story in the Science Fiction Hall of Fame book I'm reading. I have several science fiction anthologies and there are many interesting stories in these I would never have discovered had I not picked up a couple of these anthologies at the local used book store. The power of used book stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment