Friday, April 5, 2013

First Encyclopedia of Science

A couple of weeks ago my 6 year old came home with several Scholastic book order forms.  We always let her choose a couple of books to pick.  The smile on her face when she brings home and shows us her new books is well worth the price of the books themselves.  For her most recent book order, my daughter went a bit overboard in picking out books.  Granted, the school sent home 7 different Scholastic book order forms, all with different books in them.  We let her circle books that she was interested in.  Little did we know that she was going to circle approximately 100 books!!!  No way were we spending $300-400 on one book order!

After my daughter went to  bed my wife and I sat down to finish the book order and set out to reduce the 100+ books down to 6 or 7.  One of the books she picked out and we let her keep was the "First Encyclopedia of Science".


After flipping through the book I am very impressed with its contents.  It covers several different fields/topics of science and includes several simple experiments to complete at home.  Prior to receiving the book we had already completed a couple  of the experiments, but there are many new ones that require minimal materials. I'm definitely going to complete these with my daughters.

If you don't already have this book, I highly recommend it if you have a pre-school or early elementary school aged child.  You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment