Friday, January 25, 2019

This Blog's History: Growing Bacteria for Science Fair

This Blog's History

Starting several years ago, every Friday I link back to a previous post I wrote. Why? I may be biased, but I think there's quite a bit of good, exciting science I post on this blog, and I like to revisit these old posts. Plus it is a way for new readers to see many of the cool science experiments I've done with my kids in the past without reading the blog from day one, which was over 1,000 posts ago!

Growing Bacteria

Today I point you back to a classic science fair project that is sure to amaze. Growing bacteria in petri dishes. It is very easy to do and very interesting to see which areas of your house have more bacteria than others! This is a project my oldest daughter did two years ago for her science fair project. And, yes, I'm bragging about my kid here, it earned her the grand prize at the school level and advanced her to the regional science fair in which she earned an honorable mention.

Where do I go?

Here's the link, with cool pictures, of my daughter's project on day four of growing bacteria.

Growing Bacteria Day 4

As you can see, the bacteria grows very quickly!




No comments:

Post a Comment