Thursday, November 28, 2019

The Wizard's Treasure - Book Review

I recently finished the fourth and final book in Irene Radford's Dragon Nimbus series, titled "The Wizard's Treasure". The fourth book in the series is a bit different than the prior three. The focus moves away from the main characters to two minor characters in the first three books, magicians Robb and Marcus. The two are mentioned in the first three books, but these end with the whereabouts of Robb and Marcus unknown.


I enjoyed the book, as I do most books, but it doesn't hold up as well as the first three. I'm not a big fan of additional books that focus on minor characters or tie up loose ends that are not crucial to the main story. If a new book is needed to determine the whereabouts of Robb and Marcus, were Robb and Marcus needed at all? To each their own. I did enjoy the book and plan on reading more from Irene Radford in the future.

This book also marked my 40th read book in 2019, meeting the goal I set at the start of the year! I suspect I'll read another 3-5 books this year, so I'm thinking of pushing my 2020 goal to 45 books read. Too lofty? Challenge accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment