Thursday, August 2, 2012

Solar System Section in Elementary School Library

Last week my wife and I took our 5 year old daughter in to her elementary school for kindergarten registration and evaluation.  During the evaluation my wife and I waited in the school's library.  There wasn't much to do so I walked around checking out the collection of books.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this:

Solar System section of the library.

My daughter's school library has a section devoted to the solar system!  At first I thought the entire section was filled with solar system books, but it's really only the bottom shelf, with a few solar system books scattered throughout the top 3 shelves.

I think this is really cool!  I wish my elementary school had a whole shelf devoted to the planets.  There are sections devoted to the other sciences as well.  They weren't labeled biology, chemistry, etc, but had elementary friendly names such as animals, cars, trains, etc.

I can say that I will be a very excited Daddy on the day she brings home her first solar system/science book. It may not happen right away, but I figure at some point she'll find one of these books interesting, right?  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment