Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!!!

Have a happy New Year's Day!  What are your goals for this year?  I have many goals for the year, but since this is a science and daughters blog, I thought I'd just list a few related to science and my daughters.  My list of books to read and TV shows to watch are probably not of interest to you, although several are sci-fi related!  So here's my list:

1.  Continue to challenge myself to find new science experiments for my daughters.
2.  Decide when my 6 year old is old enough for a chemistry set.
3.  Introduce my 6 year old to Star Wars.
4.  Have Daddy/daughter dates with both of my daughters individually.
5.  Determine if my daughters would enjoy an ant farm and how to get one.
6.  And finally, continue to expose them to science whenever possible.

As we begin the new year, I encourage you to expose your daughters to science.  Do the same for your sons of course, but make sure you don't neglect your daughters on the issue of science.  Although the gender gap in science is closing, it's a long, slow process, and there's much work yet to be done.  That work starts with you, the parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment