Thursday, May 28, 2015

Movie Review - The Theory of Everything

My wife and I recently watched "The Theory of Everything".  It's the story of Stephen Hawking starting from his time as a college student to the current time.  I loved this movie!  I thought the actor who played Stephen Hawking, Eddie Redmayne, did an amazing job!


If you're not aware, Stephen Hawking is a famous physicist who has done much work on the explaining Universe and black holes.  He was diagnosed with ALS in his college years and given just 2 years to live.  He has a very rare form of slow progression ALS and is still alive today at the age of 72.

I knew bits and pieces of Hawking's life, but I learned much more from the movie.  Afterwards I did a bit of research online to see how well the movie did, and overall it was quite accurate.  The movie is rated PG-13, so probably not appropriate for younger children, but this is definitely a good movie for any budding scientist at the middle school or high school age.  

I've actually never read one of Hawking's books, but I'm adding them to my list now.  I'm going to start with A Brief History of Time soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment