Thursday, October 8, 2015

2010: Space Odyssey Two by Arthur C. Clarke

I recently offered my review on 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke.  Although I had seen the movie, this was my first reading of the book.  It was a great book that everyone should read, but I still feel one character, who I thought was going to be a major character in the book, turned out not to be.

2010: Space Odyssey Two is a sequel to the MOVIE 2001:  A Space Odyssey.  It can serve as a sequel to the book, but it is officially a sequel to the movie.  2001 the movie is based near a different planet than 2001 the book, and the second book using the planet in the movie as its starting point.  Regardless of this change, 2010 is a fantastic book and another must read as far as I'm concerned.


The character I mentioned that turned out not to be a major player IS a major player in the second book.  I was happy to see this.  The book also discusses the troubles families can have in long distance/long time relationships.  It shows that not all aspects of a story have happy endings.  There's also a movie based on this book, released in 1984.  I haven't seen the movie yet, but am adding it to me "watch in the future" list.  

If you have a science fiction fan in the family, this book is a great option for a gift if you're struggling to find a gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment