Monday, September 4, 2017

Remembering My Dad

Three months ago on this day, my dad died.  I wrote about this in greater detail here.  He died as a result of a brain tumor, glioblastoma, the same type of aggressive brain cancer John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona, was diagnosed with in July.  Between his diagnosis and when he died, we fortunately had about 3.5 years, far above the median life expectancy of 15 months.  During that time my siblings and I took advantage and did several things with him.  One of those days I remember was the time I took him to a Minnesota Twins game in the summer of 2016, about a year before he died.  As a kid we went to a handful of Minnesota Twins games.  We didn't live in Minneapolis, MN (lived in rural Iowa), but tried to hit a Twins game each year.  The Twins built a new stadium in 2010 and he hadn't yet been there, so I wanted to take him to see this stadium which I feel provides a great baseball atmosphere.  Anyways, here's a picture I took of that day of him and me and it's a great example of how I remember my dad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment