Thursday, September 21, 2017

Science Central - Fort Wayne, IN

I recently had the opportunity to visit Science Central in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  We went as a family, along with my 10 year old's Girl Scouts troop.  My youngest daughter visited here in the spring with her first grade class and my wife attended as a chaperone.  This was the first visit for my 10 year old and me.


Science Central is a very cool science museum.  It's not particularly large, but it doesn't need to be.  There are two floors of exhibits and most exhibits are setup to be hands on, which is great for science!  They allow kids (and adults) to mess around with different science concepts.  I was like a kid in a candy shop, running around with my kids, and putting my hands on every hands-on demo!  I even slid down the two story slide, just like all the other kids there!  Don't believe me?  Here's my leg warmers they made me wear for protection.


Yeah!  Looking good!  LOL!  There was also an excellent demo show put on by one of the employees on the topic of electricity.  My kids loved the demos in the show!   Overall a great museum with reasonable admission prices.  Plan on spending approximately 2 hours when you visit.  

One last thing.  There's a tipped/angled house on the lower floor that you can go into and walk around.  I'm not sure the angle.  Maybe 30 degrees or so?  I thought this looked really cool and ran right in behind my kids.  Um...not the best move on my part.  More on this in Monday's post.  I'm creating a level of suspense here.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment