Monday, September 25, 2017

The Tipped House at Science Central

Last Friday I shared my family's experience visiting Science Central in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  A great museum that was a ton of fun!  I mentioned in Friday's post that on the lower floor of the museum is an exhibit of a house/room tipped at an angle.  My kids ran right in and started walking up the angled floor and running down the angled floor and basically jumping all over the place.  I decided to run in and join them.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures, but picture the room you are in now and tip the whole thing to one side by 30 degrees.  This should give you a good visual of this exhibit.

What happened when I ran in?  Nothing for 30 seconds.  I didn't trip and fall.  I started angling my body forward and walking up the floor.  At about t = 31 seconds I suddenly became nauseous.  Yikes!  It was a blast of nausea that just came upon me.  I stepped out of the room, and good thing I did because a few more seconds and I really think I would have thrown up!  This room severely effected my inner balance!  These effects hung with me for several hours.  After a few minutes I was no longer nauseous, but I was a bit light headed several hours later.

What does this all mean?  Well, I think it boils down to one thing.  I'm getting old.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment