Monday, December 18, 2017

Moscow Ballet Great Russian Nutcracker

After Thanksgiving this year we had the opportunity to take our kids to see the Moscow Ballet Great Russian Nutcracker at a local theatre.  A great show that we all loved!  Tickets were reasonably priced as well for a well known show and a major theatre.  We sat up in the balcony about halfway back (still great seats!) and paid a bit over $200 for 4 tickets, including all fees.  I say reasonably priced not because $200 for a family is cheap (it's not!), but compared to typical theatre tickets for major shows, this was on the lower end of what one might pay.  For example, we really want to take our kids to Wicked, but ticket prices are much higher and after taxes/fees, we are looking at $350-$380 for a family of four.  My wife and I have seen Wicked before, but would love to take our kids.  However, like most people, we are not made of money and a cost approaching $400 is probably too much for us at this time.

Anyways, back to the Moscow Ballet Great Russian Nutcracker.  A beautiful, amazing show I highly recommend.  There are still tickets available this year in many states, depending on where you live.

MOSCOW BALLET'S GREAT RUSSIAN NUTCRACKER

During the show I looked over at my 7 year old and she had her face resting in the palm of her hands propped up with her elbows on her knees, completely mesmerized by what she was seeing.  My 10 year old absolutely loved the show and had been looking forward to this for some time.  I'm a big fan of the theatre, despite the higher costs, and I want my kids to experience the theatre as well.  We just can't drop $400 several times a year to go!  Once a year type event?  That fits pretty well for our family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment