Monday, March 5, 2018

Upcoming Trip to Iceland

This year my wife and I are taking our kids to Iceland for our family summer vacation.  My wife and I visited Iceland in 2014 without the kids and absolutely loved it!  Since that trip we've always had the goal of taking the kids to Iceland, but finally decided to do it this year.  Initially we weren't thinking about Iceland in 2018, but last year we found plane tickets for an extremely cheap price for an international flight and jumped at the opportunity!  I just looked the other day and the cheapest tickets are more than twice what we spent so I feel pretty good! 

Map of Iceland

In 2014 we stayed in Reykjavik and toured the south-west and southern part of Iceland.  We plan to spend part of our trip in this area this year.  In particular I want to take the kids to the glacier we visited in 2014.  Glaciers are disappearing all over the world due to climate change, and I want my kids to experience a glacier first hand.  This year may be the only opportunity in their life to do so.  

This year we are also heading up north which has me excited.  There's the possibility of crossing into the Arctic Circle, but this requires a boat trip of several hours and I'm not sure we'll do that.  It would be cool to say I've been to the Arctic Circle, but is it worth it to spend a full day of our vacation doing so?  I'm not sure.  

I'll be sure to post all the cool things we did and saw while in Iceland, but I'll leave you with this.  VISIT ICELAND!  It is an absolutely amazing place. Great people!  Delicious seafood!  Amazing scenery!  A great vacation destination and kid friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment