Monday, January 14, 2019

Think 100%: The Coolest Show on Climate Change Podcast

Science Podcasts

I'm a big fan of science themed podcasts, as any reader of this blog knows. I'm constantly on the lookout for new science podcasts. Some I've kept on my must-listen to list for years. Others come and go as my mood changes. But as far as I'm concerned, there can never be too many science podcasts out there. I recently came across a very good climate change podcast that currently resides on my ever changing must-listen to list.

Think 100%: The Coolest Show on Climate Change

The title of the podcast says it all. Think 100%: The Coolest Show on Climate Change. The show self describes as:

"Cutting-edge show infuses climate and culture to tell the stories that inspire action to stop climate change and protect the frontline communities fighting for their existence."

Sadly studies show that presenting facts on controversial topics (let's be clear that climate change should not be controversial or partisan, but it is) does very little to change pre-conceived notions and often does nothing but reinforce those incorrect misconceptions. Infusing science with story telling and the effect it has on individuals can change beliefs, however. This podcast does a great job of doing just that. Facts are important, but the story of how individuals are affected is what really gets people to change. 

There are many good science podcasts out there, but I encourage you to give this one a shot. I think you'll like it.

How Do I Get the Podcast?

You'll likely find it on your podcast player of choice, but if you are struggling, here is the direct link to the podcast website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment