Friday, January 11, 2019

This Blog's History: Exploding Soda Pop

This Blog's History

Starting several years ago, every Friday I link back to a previous post I wrote. Why? I may be biased, but I think there's quite a bit of good, exciting science I post on this blog, and I like to revisit these old posts. Plus it is a way for new readers to see many of the cool science experiments I've done with my kids in the past without reading the blog from day one, which was over 1,000 posts ago!

The Exploding Soda Pop Experiment

This one's a classic and sure to be a crowd pleaser! Drop a few Mentos candies into a two liter bottle of carbonated soda and very quickly you have a chemical reaction that causes the pop to shoot out the top of the bottle!

Where do I go?

For the full details and procedure, click the link below. This links to the original post I wrote on this experiment over six years ago in 2012. There are even a couple of videos showing our results!

The Exploding Pop Experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment