Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Facebook Book Challenge Day #3

There are so many books that have had a large impact in my life that it's hard to pick just seven for the seven day Facebook book challenge I recently completed. I see other people posting books and think to myself that I should have picked that book too! Oh well, I'll just have to start a 365 day Facebook book challenge! :-) For the third day of the challenge I chose the following book.


This is a recent book published after the first March for Science on Earth Day in 2017. In the current political climate in which science is constantly attacked and de-funded, this book is a great motivator that shows that people all across the world love science and the positive impact it has had on their lives. 

Growing up I never would have imagined my girls would grow up in a time when basic science facts were questioned by the government of a first world nation. I don't know the solution as to how we turn this around, but the answer is definitely not despair. It's easy to conclude there is no hope, but books such as "Science Not Silence" show that no matter what the government tries to do, they can't snuff out the love of science. Keep up the good fight and do your part by voting for politicians who support science!

No comments:

Post a Comment