Thursday, August 23, 2018

Facebook Book Challenge Day #4

On the fourth day of the Facebook Book Challenge, I posted a picture of The Hobbit.


This is the book that opened my eyes to the world of fantasy books. Never before had I read a book in this genre until reading The Hobbit, and I've never stopped reading fantasy books. I've said this before on this blog, but fantasy and science fiction (and really all books) are often a much needed temporary escape from the problems of the real world.

I don't remember when I first read The Hobbit. Somewhere around junior high or early high school, and I'm not even sure how I came across it, but I am so glad I did. This book had a huge impact in my life as far as books go. It's a great gift idea if you're in need of one for a son, daughter, niece, nephew, or any other loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment