Thursday, July 25, 2019

Old Courthouse - St. Louis

I had a fun time at the 2019 NSTA conference in St. Louis. I picked up many great teaching tips and look forward to implementing those in the classroom, both as a teacher and as an administrator. With the end of the conference comes the last post on the sites I saw while there. Over the lunch break one afternoon, I took a visit to the Old Courthouse in downtown St. Louis.


This was the main courthouse in Missouri from 1828 to 1930. Several slave auctions, up to 1861, took place at the courthouse and Dred Scott sued for his and his wife's freedom at this courthouse. Today the courthouse is a museum you can visit for free and I highly recommend this as a stop on your tour of St. Louis. It's a 1 to 2 hour visit packed with history as well as some amazing views of the top of the dome.




For anyone, but especially visitor's on a budget, this is a great site to see in St. Louis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment