Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Soldiers Memorial Military Museum - St. Louis

On a recent trip to St. Louis for a teaching conference I took some time out from the conference sessions to browse around and check out the city. In my opinion, one of the MUST SEES for anyone visiting St. Louis is the Soldiers Memorial Military Museum located in downtown St. Louis. The museum is a memorial for local (Missouri) individuals who served in the military throughout the history of the U.S. The museum is jam packed with several exhibits that provide a wealth of information on the role Missouri and its citizens played during U.S. wars.


Unlike Lucas Garden Park, I took a picture before entering the Soldiers Memorial Military Museum. :-) The museum is free to enter, another great reason to visit, and can swallow up a few hours of your time. I spent about two hours browsing around, but could have spent another couple of hours if I took time to stop and read all of the information presented. I had to get back to my conference, so only had two hours available. 

If visiting St. Louis, I highly recommend a stop at this museum. This is a great option for anyone interested in local history and a great option for anyone visiting on a budget. You can't beat free! Younger kids may get bored easily, but this is great for families with older kids looking for a fun, educational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment