Monday, October 7, 2019

Executive Power - Book Review

After taking nearly a month to finish reading an Outlander novel my reading pace has picked back up. It only took a few days to read Executive Power by Vince Flynn. This is the sixth book in the Mitch Rapp series, and as with all of the others, this was another political spy thriller.


This was another good book in the series, but in my opinion, it didn't have quite the same thrill as the previous books. Part of this was due to the "to be continued" format of the fourth and fifth book that tied together. The fourth book ended on a cliffhanger, but the fifth book had some definite finality to it, meaning the sixth book was starting from scratch. Regardless, a good book, even though it wasn't as thrilling as the previous books. 

I enjoy reading a wide variety of books, and a political spy thriller is a good mix with the science books, science fiction books, zombie books, fantasy books, etc. I often read. After this book, I've read 37 books into my 40 books read in 2019 goal. Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment