Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms - Book Review

About 1-2 years ago I took a look at my physical bookshelf at home and my kindle book library and realized there were very few books by black authors in these libraries and I vowed to change that. In the genre of fantasy, I recently started a new series titled the "Inheritance Trilogy" by N.K. Jemisin. The first book in the series is titled "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms" and it is a fantastic book!

The main character of the book, Yeine, is named heiress to the king of the land, but not in the way you think. This did not mean she was next in line to take over the throne. Far from it. I won't give anything else away. I've read many, many fantasy books and series and the story is truly unique. Far different from anything else I've read and very enjoyable. It's rare for me to quit reading a series, even if it isn't so great, but I am eager to start the second book in the series. So eager in fact, that I might change my current reading schedule to fit this in sooner!

N.K. Jemisin has written several fantasy books, which you can check out here.

N.K. Jemisin - Book List

So many great sounding books she has authored! I think I've found my next favorite fantasy author!

No comments:

Post a Comment