Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks Success

Our personal fireworks last night were a success.  Before we started my oldest daughter and I setup the garden hose in case it was needed.  We talked about holding sparklers away from the body and not pointing or running after anybody with them.  We also talked about the fireworks with fuses and how it's important to move away quickly once the fuse lights.  Later in the evening an excellent opportunity presented itself to show my daughter the importance of having water ready.  One of the small, colored smoke bombs started a very tiny patch of grass on fire.  Although this probably would have gone out on its own, we used our ready-to-go hose to douse the fire.  Safety in action!

The only blemish on the night was toward the end when my daughter "burned" her finger.  I put burned in quotes because she didn't really burn herself.  There's no mark on her finger this morning.  I think it was more shock than anything else.  She was holding the burning incense-type stick that I used to light all the fuses.  Although I'm not exactly sure what happened, I think a piece of ash dropped and fell on her finger and scared her.  I'm sure it was hot, but it didn't cause any lasting damage.  Although I'd never do this on purpose, this was a first hand experience for her that fireworks can be dangerous if proper cautions are not taken.

Okay, I won't leave you in suspense anymore.  In my last post I mentioned the Poopy Puppy firework.

The Poopy Puppy
I know you're dying to see the outcome, so here it is:

Poopy Puppy in action.
Yep, the Poopy Puppy pooped.  Smoke came out of its behind along with some "poop".  Kids loved it!  For $0.99 it was a big hit.  One of their other favorites was the chicken laying an egg.

Chicken laying an egg.
It amazes me what people come up with for fireworks.  It depresses me a little bit knowing that someone probably made a bunch of money from the Poopy Puppy and the Egg Laying Chicken.  Depressed because I didn't come up with the idea first!

No comments:

Post a Comment