Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot Beads

For Christmas my two daughters received a big tub of hot beads.  Hot beads are little beads that you organize on a design board to make some sort of design.  Then you take an iron and melt the beads together to make a coaster or something like it.  See below for our initial hot bead creations.






My 5 year old simply loves to work with her hot beads.  She'll sit there for hours putting together different designs.  The first day she wanted to break out the hot beads, my wife wasn't home, so I had to use the iron. I know how to use an iron, but I wasn't really sure the best setting for the hot beads or how long one should iron the hot beads.  Overall I did okay and they turned out fine, although I had to re-iron one later.

The next day while I was at work my wife ironed a new set of hot bead designs my daughter created.  When I came home, my 5 year old tells me "Daddy, Mommy does a much better job ironing hot beads then you do!".  Touche little one, touche!  LOL!  I guess I have a bit of studying up to do on hot beads.

My 2 year old likes hot beads too, but she's more interested in taking the finished hot bead designs and ripping them up into little pieces.  As you can imagine, this does not sit well with my 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment