Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Birds and the Bees....and the Hippos and the Rhinos

Back in April 2012, a couple of months before I started this blog, my family and I went to the zoo.  You hear all the time about zoo animals getting frisky with each other and kids watching.  Who knows how many kids learn about the birds and the bees for the first time at the zoo?  Or how many parents have to explain the birds and the bees for the first time as a result of visiting the zoo!

On this particular trip to the zoo, our oldest daughter, who was 5 at the time, noticed a lot of people huddled in the gazebo of the rhino exhibit.  We headed over, and sure enough, two rhinos were doing "it".  One expects to see monkeys or other small animals getting frisky, but big animals like rhinos?  The funniest part, aside from the rhinos, was all the parents laughing and then posing their kids to take pictures of them with the rhinos in the background!  LOL!  A great Christmas card photo!  Speaking of photos, here are the photos I took of the rhinos.  These are not pictures I found on the web.  These are pictures I took with my own camera.



Yep, learning the birds and the bees from rhinos!  So why am I posting this now if the event took place back in April.  Well, just other day our 5 year old comes to us and says "Mommy, Daddy, remember that time when the one hippo was climbing on the other hippos back?"  My response:  "Honey, those weren't hippos.  Hippos like to soak in water.  There was no water there.  Those were rhinos."  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment