Saturday, April 6, 2013

Astronaut Book

My daughter recently finished the book series on planets from her school's library.  She checked the books out of order from the library based on availability.  She brought the last planet book, Jupiter, home last week.  At the time I asked her, "so what are you going to check out next since you've checked out all of the planet books?"  She shrugged her shoulders and told me "they have other space books Daddy."  Awesome, I thought!

On her latest trip to the school's library she checked out the following book.


A book on astronauts!  Very cool!  We read it the first night and she asked quite a few questions on astronauts.  I have to admit that I've been very impressed this year that she, on her own, chooses an astronomy related book each week.

If you're a parent or guardian of a young child and you haven't already, make sure you're reading to them every day.  Reading is a huge part of their learning and you'll be amazed at the questions kids ask.  

No comments:

Post a Comment