Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Large Centipede

The other morning as I was in the bathroom getting ready for work my wife comes in all freaked out that there's some huge bug on the wall just above the head of the bed.  To give her a little credit, it was a BIG bug.  It was a centipede of some kind.  Not exactly sure what it was, but they pop up in the house every now and then.

The one on our wall was big enough that I determined a single Kleenex wasn't good enough.  Instead, I grabbed a larger hand towel and used two hands to remove it from the wall.  

The funniest part of this comes from my 6 year old daughter.  Both of my daughters were staring at this centipede and standing very calmly in the room.  They had no fear at all, although my 2 year old kept saying "Ewwwwww!".  My 6 year old then proceeds to tell us that this is not an insect because insects only have 6 legs and it's not a spider because spiders only have 8 legs and this has more than 8 legs.  There she is again, sharing her knowledge with us.  Such a proud Mommy/Daddy moment!

1 comment:

  1. We used to call those "prehistoric bugs" when we got them in our house in Minneapolis :)

    ReplyDelete