Monday, April 1, 2013

Snow Drifts

Depending on where you live you may get a lot of snow in the summer, very little snow, or no snow at all.  I live in an area where we get snow, but depending on the winter, it tends to melt within a few days.  So the number of days that my kids have available to play in the snow are limited.  When it does snow, and it is not unbearably cold outside, I like to take my kids out and give them the opportunity to play in the snow.  They only get a few of these opportunities a year and I don't like to waste them.

My 6 year old can tromp through the snow without much trouble.  My 2 year old, on the other hand, struggles mightily.  I usually spend most of the time outside carrying her around because she can barely climb through any drift much taller than her ankles!  It's all in good fun though.

Recently we got a few inches of snow and several drifts developed around our house.  There are areas that drift full of snow more often than others, but this particular drift was very weird.  It wasn't tall.  It wasn't wide, it was very narrow, but had structure to it.  See below.



Maybe it's just me, but I found this small drift to be very interesting.  It's just the way that it drifted in such a narrow form with almost now snow on either side.  And this is not the usual place where a drift forms in my yard.  I took this picture before my kids were all bundled up, because I knew once they made it out they would destroy it.  Which they did!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment