Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How Much Do Your Feet Sweat?

We've all had sweaty feet, especially when working out.  We take off our shoes and pull off our damp/wet socks and toss them in the hamper.  But how much do our feet really sweat?  My wife and I were recently watching an episode of Bones when Hodges says that the human feet sweat, on average, one up a day.  ONE CUP A DAY!!!  It struck me as impossible.  Think about this for a second and look at a picture of a full cup of water.


The water shown in this is just over 4 ounces.  That's 1/2 of a cup.  You need to double this to get a full cup of sweat!  WOW!  At first I simply couldn't believe that our feet sweat this much in a single day so I decided to do some research.  No, I didn't wring the sweat out of my socks to get a direct measurement, although now that I think about it, this would be an interesting experiment.  LOL!  No, I went to the web for my research. Sure enough, everywhere I looked reported a number of approximately 1 cup a day.  Over the course of the year that equates to 100 Liters of sweat!  That's 50 2-liter bottles of pop filled with sweat in a single year.  Amazing!

I'll never look at my feet in the same way again!

No comments:

Post a Comment