Monday, August 4, 2014

Lost in Translation

You've likely encountered instructions of some sort that were written in a different language and then translated to English.  In addition, you've likely read instructions with horrible translations that make little sense.  My wife and I recently ordered a small bottle cap humidifier to take with us traveling for hotel rooms.  Here are the instructions that came with the product.


My favorite is near the bottom.  "Dropping out the product will make the product of out of work."  Great!  So if I drop out the product (how?) then I increase the nation's unemployment rate!  Super!  

My other favorite is "Do not use it for the other purposes."  Wait?  What are THE other purposes.  Now I want to know!  

This is a perfect example for your kids that using an online translator for foreign language homework assignments is not a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment