Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day for Animals

Yesterday was Father's Day and I had an awesome time with my wife and kids.  I hope you did too.  I want to take today to appreciate the father animals out there that play a very important role in raising their offspring.  For most animals, the father plays only a small role if any role in the offspring, but in a few, it is the father that does a majority of the work.  How do I know this?  An awesome video from SciShow of course!

Awesome Animals Dads

There are father animals that carry eggs on their back until hatching time.  There are animals that swallow eggs and tiny offspring and protect them in a pouch (see below) until they are ready to live on their own.  There are father animals that even give birth to their offspring!  Very cool!  So to all the father animals out there working hard every day, I take this moment to thank you.  Keep up the good work!


No comments:

Post a Comment