Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Cool Science Dad Celebrates 4 Years!!!

Four years ago, on May 30, 2012, I created and posted for the first time on the Cool Science Dad blog.  I'm a bit late in getting this post out.  I was busy getting ready for and having fun at Disney World!  More on that in future posts.

I started this blog as a way of sharing different science activities I've done with my kids (now entering first and fourth grade).  In addition I included posts on common science misconceptions.  I've loved writing for the past four years and plan on writing for several more.  As I'm writing this, both of my kids are currently at a science based summer camp and having a blast.  It's been amazing watching and writing about their science related accomplishments and achievements over the past four years.  It's for them I started this blog.  

In the past four years, readership has grown from a few hundred per month to several thousand per month and recently passed 200,000 all-time page views.  Wow!  Hopefully someone has gained a few ideas or basic  science knowledge from reading.  

That's it for today.  Tomorrow I'm going to dig in to some of the details of our trip to Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment