Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wonder Woman

Prior to leaving for Scotland we took the kids to see Wonder Woman in the movie theater.  We went in the evening, which is very rare for us, but that was the only available time before leaving for two weeks and we really wanted to see the movie.  Typically we go to the movies on Sunday mornings as our local theater has deep discounts on movies before noon on Sunday's.  When you're buying 4 tickets plus popcorn (I know, I could skip this, but movie theater popcorn is SOOOO good!) the costs add up fast, so the deep discounts are what we go for.

Here's how I'd best sum up Wonder Woman.  AMAZING!  Loved it!  It was great to see DC Comics finally put together a good movie after several sub-par attempts.  It was also great to see a superhero movie with a strong female lead that isn't tied into a male superhero leaving as well.  It's a great message to all girls (and boys too) that women are just as powerful as men, even in a fictional universe.


If you haven't yet watched it, I recommend you do and let your kids watch it.  My kids are 10 and 6 and although there is violence in the movie it is not bloody/gory violence.  People are shot, but no blood or wounds are shown.  People do die, but I didn't find the scenes inappropriate for kids the ages of my kids.  My 6 year old (now 7 as she recently had her birthday) really loved the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment