Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Deceived: Stars Wars Legends - Book Review

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Deceived: Star Wars Legends by Paul Kemp

With a family book reading goal of 140 books read in 2019, I'm making a bigger effort to post books I've read to this blog. Books take us on a journey filled with knowledge, and as I've said before, a world without books is a sad world. I've been reading Star Wars books on and off for the last couple of years and recently finished reading Deceived: Star Wars Legends by Paul Kemp.


I enjoyed the book, rating it 4 out of 5 stars, but it was a repeat of a common story in Star Wars. SPOILER ALERT!!! Stop reading now if you don't want any spoilers!

The Empire is attacking the Republic and the story focuses on a young Jedi, Aryn, and her childhood friend, Zeerid. The story starts with Aryn's Jedi mentor dying by the hands of Darth Malgus. Aryn then vows to kill Darth Malgus to avenge the death of her mentor and goes off, with the help of Zeerid, to find and kill Malgus. Sound familiar? Not all that different from Star Wars Episodes 1 and 4!!!

Despite the lack of uniqueness in the story, I enjoyed it and the ending is not entirely as you might expect, so I haven't spoiled everything! If you or someone you know is a Star Wars fan, Star Wars books such as this are a great gift idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment